Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Guinness Tuesdays


Tuesday mornings the whole city smells like Guinness. All the pubs put their empty kegs out on the sidewalk and wait for the Irishmen in black in their big black trucks to come and take them away. I walked by them this morning on my way to the gym. "Top of the mornin, Miss." I stopped dead in my tracks and smiled at the green-eyed, middle-aged, man in his Guinness jacket. It just doesn't get any more Irish than that. I am going to have to get a pint later.

I'm craving a movie today. I spent almost the entire weekend in the cinema (Matchpoint and Shopgirl- both great) and still didn't get my fix. Movies are such wonderful creations. It is the most indulgent two hours, just watching and imagining you are somewhere or someone else. Its been a stressful couple of days... I could use an escape like that.

However, "Trade Liberalization and Developing Coutries" calls, and I have loads of overwhelming, mind-numbing research to keep me busy. The cinema will have to wait. SIGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home