Monday, December 05, 2005

The End of the Tunnel

Its about midnight and I am sitting in the Post-grad reading room with Nuggent (Erin N) enjoying some nice greasy food. Veggie burgers and fries- mmmmmm...
The essay, I am THRILLED to report, is just about done. Just waiting to go over some last minute corrections with JS and then I can print out that bad boy- 20 pages of brilliance- or something like that.
Its been a good weekend, despite having the essay looming, because for the first time in my life I did not procrastinate. I was still able to go out and enjoy myself. Its an incredible thing- being prepared. And yes, I know I sit here with another few hours of work ahead of me, I know that had I been a hermit all weekend, I would still be sitting here right now.
My weekend started Thursday night when after a looong day in the reading room, I met up with Kristen, who has been MIA in Kerry for the last week. We had a grand old time catching up, being silly girls, and going to 4 Dame Lane- our consistent haunt- so she could check out the bouncer she fancies. Friday night I took it easy, saw Mad Hot Ballroom for the 2nd time with Ann, and hit the sack early. Last night, the girls and I got it into our heads that it would be a good idea to get drunk, so drunk we got. Cheap cheap wine and a few shots of tequila makes for one fun girls night out. We started at the Stags Head and ended up (as always) in 4 Dame Lane for unusually good music and great fun.
I absolutely love my girls here. Its wonderful because we are past the polite. We have become the type of friends that share secrets, know when someone needs to be "rescued" from a guy with a glance, and eat off eachothers plates. They are an amazing crew, and man, do we have fun!
Tomorrow, once this essay is in, the fun will continue. Post Essay Pub Crawl from the ISE to City Centre. Disaster looming? Probably, but it will surely make for some great stories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home