Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Heaven


Prince Charming stepped off the plane a day later than planned due to passport complications, but he made it nonetheless. His trip was every bit as fairytale-like as I had hoped.

After a whirlwind tour of Dublin we decided to buck the Big City and go out to Galway to explore the west coast of Ireland. After one missed train and the most painful bus ride in creation, we finally made it. Our first night in Galway we ended up in a comedy club, Bulmers and Guiness in hand, to be delighted by Canadian comic Mike Wilmot, by far Canada's greatest export. We laughed our tired asses off- it was fantastic. In the days that followed we toured the Burren region and the Cliffs of Moher- which were every bit as beautiful as I remembered- Kylemore Abbey and my FAVORITE place in the world- Connemara.

The tour guide accurately described Connemara as heaven on earth, and I must agree. Breathtaking mountains, green hills, blue waters, winter sun. Magic. I want to own a little Irish cottage there someday with my Prince Charming. A retreat to escape the stress of the world. A place to work, write, read and be at complete, undisturbed peace. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life. If heaven exists, it certainly looks like Connemara.

So the trip was by far a success. It was lovely to escape for a few days- away from Dublin, school, research, and everything else that has been driving me mad lately. Ofcourse it was even more wonderful to see JS after over a month... absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home