Friday, January 20, 2006

Lovely Lentils

The smell of lentil beans boiling on the stove reminds me of my childhood. My mom in the kitchen in our old house on Lightning Lane making lentil burgers on a warm summers night. Keely in the baby seat in the kitchen, Dad in the garage, Bryn and I running around the front yard with the Demicheal boys. Hiding under the dining room table just to lay on the soft Oriental rug, my tie-dyed bathing suit, and our dogs Annie and Cocoa. Skipping around the red ants on the brick patio and picking the purple flowers in the front yard because they smelled so sweet. Being called for dinner and pretending not to hear, always pouring too much ketchep on my plate, and loathing the time of day when the sun began to disapear behind the trees. Milk with dinner, messy hands, and ice cream for dessert.

I love lentils...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home