Saturday, October 01, 2005

In Dublin's Fair City...

So my first week in Dublin has been a nightmare, so much that at more than one point I considered flying home, but yesterday my luck began to change.

When I arrived I had temporary accomodation at Trinity for a week, but they were throwing us international students out on Friday morning (how nice of them) so I had 5 days to come up with a flat or some sort of accomodation. It was completely insane- everywhere I looked there were lines out the door- there are just not words to convey the stress of the situation. But FINALLY, last night, my new friend Ann and I found an adorable two bedroom right in the heart of the city. It is absolutely perfect and I am thrilled.

I also had orientation which was fabulous- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the International Peace Studies program. I dont know what my concentration is going to be yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Classes start Monday and I am pumped!

So tomorrow I move into my new place and can begin to relax and enjoy Dublin. Jared has his flight booked, and the fam should be visiting over Thanksgiving... things are FINALLY looking up!

**More news from across the pond to come soon!**

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst... A little birdie told me that Kyle and Sara were going to try and visit over spring break...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home