Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Anniversary Anxiety

This weekend is JGS (see hot cowboy) and I's 1 Year Anniversary. I am so very excited, but I haven't completed my gift(s)(which cannot be mentioned just in case he reads this). Hopefully we will sneak away together somewhere, but I also want to do something really special for him.

We are talking about a guy who treats me like a Princess. A guy who brings me dinner after class, comes to see my play every night, and pulls all nighters just to keep me company. A guy who takes me to Le Bec Fin for Valentine's Day, to my favorite restaurant when I am sad, and who makes everything about 1000x better just by being there. Yes I am gushing, but he is fabulous and I am allowed. He is the perfect gentleman and I completely adore him.

So what does one do for such a marveous man? I am a firm believer that every day of a relationship is something to be celebrated, but lets me serious- anniversaries are wonderful milestones. I have a few creative twists up my sleeves because I hate boring old traditional gifts, but I want to do more. As the Barenaked Ladies say, "if I had a million dollars I'd buy you the moon."

It is so incredibly difficult to come up with a gift that shows the person you love just HOW MUCH you love them...

*SIGH* I'm going millionaire hunting tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home