Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Abbreviated Life




There are three things that I take with me everywhere: my cell (see photo), my daily planner, and a little steno pad that contains... well, everything.

I realized today that I am on the last page of the steno pad. Feeling rather accomplished that I never lost interest in this method of organization, I glanced through the notebook and saw an abbreviated yet complicated account of my life. Everything from to-do lists, to birthday reminders, prospective jobs, interview details, grad school information, etc... There it was- the first hand account of the emotional roller coaster I embarked on after graduation- right there in this tiny book.

Part of me wanted to rip it to shreds.

It is a little depressing that just like when I started the notebook, I don't know what I'm doing in the fall-- going to grad school in Ireland or getting a job in the States. But I have certainly done my research; I have become more knowledgeable on both accounts, and once I hear from a few more organizations, I should be armed with enough information to make a final decision.

I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed that at the end of my first notebook I don't have all the answers... Isn't that what sequels are for?

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Momma,
love the new blog...much better than stupid LJ.
xoxo love you!
Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home