Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Way We Were

"Wouldn't it be wonderful if we were old? Then we could say we survived all this. Everything thing would be uncomplicated, the way it was when we were young?"

My friend Katie and I watched The Way We Were last week before she left for Manhattan and cried into our big glasses of cheap wine. Isn't it funny how the past and the future are almost always more appealing than the present?

Its been an aggrivating week. Turns out trying to move to another country isn't easy. I have bundles and bundles of paperwork to fill out but cannot do so until I have some more information from the University. Its really making me go nuts- all of this looming over my head. I desperately want to just wake up tomorrow and have enough financial aid, a student visa in hand, and a beautiful flat to live in when I get to Dublin- I mean really, is that too much to ask? Unfortunately Sallie Mae needs me to sign my life away first, I can never get ahold of the people I need to speak with at the college, and almost everyone I have heard from in Dublin wants me to share a room with a stranger... *sigh*... DAMN Trinity and their booked housing! I cannot wait until all of this nonsense is done with so I can be actually look forward to going. Right now I am far to overwhelmed to even consider about being excited.

I'm in Philly with Jared the next couple days- hopefully the change of scenery will bring better luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home