Thursday, August 18, 2005

Whats in your purse?


I have recently read many articles about the contents of a woman's purse. In one particular article it said, "the interior of a purse is a little like peering into their minds and souls; sort of a materialized cosmic link." This inspired me to examine the contents of my own coffers to see what it says about me.

I have about two dozen purses that I constantly rotate. My weapon of choice these days has been a faux black crocodile purse that I bought on sale insanely cheap. When I looked closely within I was greeted by a plethora of gum wrappers (evidence of my Trident addiction). I also found... well, a mess. A metaphor of my life? Quite possibly, I regret to say. I also came across:
-receipts that I always promise to put in my check book that I never do
-my check book (unbalanced)
-my empty wallet
-cell phone and ear piece
-lipstick that goes with everything
-two lip glosses (another addiction)
-nail file (doing my best not to bite them)
-a shamrock medallion (for health, wealth, and good luck)
-crumpled up to-do lists and grocery lists (all completed later than the date they were composed- holy procrastinator!!!)
-my passport (because you never know when you're going to have to leave the country in a hurry... or because I lost my license and need a way to get into bars).

The two most crucial elements in my purse are my daily planner and my steno pad. My daily planner- because I am a compulsive scheduler and it holds my existence from day to day. A good friend of mine recently graduated to a palm pilot- a sin I could never commit. I get a cheap thrill out of writing dates in my planner and an electronic pin pad could just never produce the same results. And my steno pad, well I wrote a whole entry about it, so that alone signifies its importance to me.

The best word to describe my purse would be schizophrenic- representative of the many roles that I play in life. I could only imagine an analysis of my shoes...

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a caribbean cruise deal western site. It pretty much covers caribbean cruise deal western related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :)

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post... thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home