Monday, September 19, 2005

Catching Up

Okay, so I have been doing a TERRIBLE job of keeping up with my blog. However, I have a good excuse: I AM MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY! (Haha- I'm going to see how far I can get with that bad boy for the next 5 days).

I officially began my "goodbyes" which completely sux ass. I am trying not to lose my head over it because I will be home in December, but its been hard, nonetheless. Thursday I caught up with Melissa, Ryan, Tricia and some other cool cats for awhile at the new and improved (as in SANITARY) C-71. Those kids are hysterical so it was a good time.

This weekend was spent up in Philly. Saturday night I got all dressed up in my Oscar de la Renta inspired dress and went on a date with the hottest man in town. We went to a romantic, overpriced, lousy restaurant and a perfectly MARVELOUS time. We had dessert at the Four Seasons and even went dancing; it was a phenomenal date. Sunday I had the day to myself which was nice. I had all day long to be nostalgic and walk the city- my city- and take in all the "our's" and "favorites". I went to an art show in Rittenhouse and then stopped in all my favorite bargain shops (and not-so-bargain-shops) on my way down to Old City. I read the newspaper at Cosi and saw a movie at the Ritz (The Constant Gardener which is FABULOUS, by the way), and sat- just SAT- in the park behind Independence Hall and enjoyed the beautiful weather. That night, Jared and my parents met me at Cuba Libre for drinks. Mohjitos were consumed and good times were had. It was the perfect ending to one of my last weekends in Philly. If I wasn't a vegetarian I would've gotten a cheese steak before I left.

So I am spending my last days here in New London trying to get my ass together for next Sunday . I have not even considered packing- I have been mostly consumed by looking for accommodations and making sure all of my loans go through. Tomorrow I am going to begin some of those tedious-but-necessary tasks, like buying toiletries and all that jazz.

I am getting really, really anxious. Next Sunday is approaching FAST! I just hope I am ready...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home