Monday, February 06, 2006

Its a Beautiful Day

Okay, so its not really a "beautiful" day... its actually rather gray and damp, but my mood is "beautiful" damnit!

I have been in a minor funk lately. No major depression, or anything like that, just a shit-weather-induced-i-dont-want-to-write-another-20-page-essay rut. But today, after some wack dreams and sleeping in till 11am (for shame!) I woke up with a smile on my face.

I crawled down to the gym after exchanging the usual "Good Morning Chestnut" with Jared (dont ask, we're weird) and ran like a hamster on the treadmill for a couple of miles. Then it was off for an indulgent and incredibly pretentious venti sugar-free vanilla latte from Starbucks to savor while I picked up a few groceries on the way home. As I walked the streets of Dublin in my sweaty sweats with my overpriced coffee, and picked up veggies from the local outdoor market, I felt a delightful sense of routine that would usually terrify me... but not today. And not here. It occurred to me this afternoon how incredibly lucky I am, to live here and be doing such an amazing program, to have such a supportive boyfriend and family, to have found such an incredible group of friends, and to have friends at home that make my heart swell. I'm telling you, this good mood has me high.

But the day gets BETTER! I come home to an email and a blog comment from two of my favorite people in the world- Benny T and Matt Lally. I was SO excited!!! Absolutely made my day to hear from the coolest guys ever. Also had a phone call from Fed-Ex and a package from Miss Katie will be delivered tomorrow! There is NOTHING more exciting than a snail-mail package!

As for the rest of the day, well... haven't been as productive as planned, but wrote a few emails, read a few articles, and talked to my mom on the phone, so it was a good afternoon, nonetheless. Perhaps I will be able to muster up some productive juices by this evening, but regardless, for no particular reason, I am untouchable today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home