Sunday, January 29, 2006

To Market, To Market




Every Saturday morning I go to the Temple Bar Farmers Market to pick up groceries. It is one of my favorite weekly activities, swaggering through the stalls with my cup o’ joe. I love to admire to the baked goods, pick out organic veggies, and sample yummy cheeses. Yesterday’s indulgence was a sweet brie with cranberries, homemade walnut bread, basil pesto, goats cheese, olives with rosemary, and marinated artichokes. Delish! After the market, it was off to Mecca, i.e. the bookstore, where I found nothing I “needed” but still left with an arm load: my weekly New African Magazine, The Economist, the Commission for Africa Report, and Crimes Against Nature, Robert Kennedy Jr.’s new book about how the Bush administration is destroying the planet. Oh how I love bookstores! Later that evening, Erin N came over to enjoy our goodies from the market with a bottle of wine and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Nothing like stinky cheese and a chic flic on a Saturday night!

Today I got up and went to the gym to run off my carb-hangover. Three miles later, I am back at my flat, wrapped up in my leopard print blanket with a cup of coffee, doing research in front of my laptop. NEW research, that is. A few days ago, in the interest of sanity, I admitted defeat and changed my essay topic. It was a good decision, but it means I am starting from scratch with my essay. Screw you, trade liberalization and your complicated economics! Now I am devoting my time to Intelligent Design (UN-intelligent, that is) and religion in America. Frankly I am not sure which topic is scarier!

That’s about all from this side of the pond. Research calls. Happy Sunday to all!

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ireland sounds beautiful. my sister and i are going to visit the mother country in a few years. i think you'll appreciate my latest blog entry, although it may make you homesick.

miss you so much!
megs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home