Thursday, July 13, 2006

"She's a real phony. You know why? Because she honestly believes all this phony junk that she believes."

So I managed to pull myself out of Moody Marvin mode yesterday (read: after many grumpified conversations Jared talked me off the ledge) and had quite a productive afternoon. Finished two books that I was hoping to get through and improvised a delish eggplant parm for dinner. I continued studying for a few hours and then watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Ann, which makes any day better. I found myself longing for Manhattan afterwards- 5th avenue, precisely, because "nothing very bad could ever happen at Tiffany's." Audrey Hep is perfection. I was all too pleased to realize that me and Holly Golightly have similar tastes in sunglasses.


I got up early today for lifting and a run. I've been in the reading room since about 10am and plan to remain here for the day. I'm getting some tricky reading over with in hopes of being able to start writing chapter one by this weekend. Tonight some of the girls and I are headed for the Gate Theatre to see "The Constant Wife" by W. Somerset Maugham, which has had excellent reviews. I'm planning on wearing my new dress as well, so lots to look forward to this evening. New clothes and the theatre- doesn't get much better than that!

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I chose Brigadoon because I think it takes place in Ireland? Does it? Did I make that up? I might have made that up :-)

We definitely have to make this alumni event a regular occurance. And we'll hang out when you're home anyway!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Amandadigian said...

Hey. First off, I LOVE Breakfast at Tiffany's! Secondly, when Constant Wife was done at the Walnut last year, I really enjoyed it. Then it was done on Broadway this season---I wish I had the time to see it. I hope you have fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home