Monday, July 10, 2006

Watching the People Get Lairy


My friends, the Oxegen Festival was AMAZING! I had such an incredible time, minus some unfortunate weather. We went up early Saturday morning and not long after we got there it started pouring and continued to do so for the next 24 hours. Rain gear was purchased by the armload, however it was absolutely impossible to stay dry, so we decided the best thing to do was embrace the storm and just start drinking. So drink we did. The music started around noon and continued throughout the day. I realize its incredibly uncool of me given the hundreds of bands that were there, but the highlights of the day for me were the headliners- The Strokes, The Who, and James Brown. I fought my way up to the pit and was in the front for all of them. The Strokes were even better than when I saw them in Dublin a few months ago. The Who were fantastic- my Dad would've gone nuts. James Brown was... bizarre. He didn't sing any of his songs to completion- it was more of a medley of his greatest hits, thrown in with a few slutty dancers, and a couple of back-up singers that resembled Dolly Parton. But still, the man is a legend, so it was sweet. Not many people can pull off a pink suit with sequins AND fringe...

Sunday was the BEST. Damian Marley, Manu Chao, Placebo, and Franz Ferdinand were fabulous, but The Kaiser Chiefs and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers were freaking AWESOME!!!! Greatest thing ever? Being in the pit when The Kaiser Chiefs played "I Predict a Riot." I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE those guys! It was INCREDIBLE!
Today I am completely wrecked with no voice (which made for an interesting dissertation seminar this morning) but it was well worth it. Fabulous time had by all!

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre just too cute to be true...hehe..love the photos!!
baby melissa xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home