Tuesday, June 27, 2006

She Thinks My Wet Suit's Sexy


I spent the last few days on the west coast at my friend Jeanne's house in county Kerry- arguably the most beautiful part of the country. It was just the holiday/ mental health break I needed. As much as I love Dublin, I love the opportunity to get out.
Kerry is truly amazing. The west coast is the part of the country I first fell hopelessly in love with. Dublin was a relationship I had to build on, and after many months we grew to love eachother. But the west coast... it was love at first sight.
To begin with, the scenery is just incredible. The mountains, the ocean, the cliffs... you cant buy that kind of peace and quiet. Smelling of salt and seawater all the time-- its intoxicating.

Jeanne and Nugie and I had a wonderful time just hanging out as we always do. Some other highlights were drinking by the bonfire, hiking (rock climbing, really) by the sea, horseback riding (YIKES) and surfing-- I LOVE SURFING! I have officially become completely addicted and may have to move to California where I spend the rest of my days in the water and on a rockin board. I love it. Plus I look dead sexy in a wet suit. (Yah, totally kidding, I look like a freckled-walrus).

All in all, it was a wonderful trip! Just the holiday I needed before diving head first into this research. Hang on to your hats, kids... its gonna be a loooong summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home