Thursday, June 01, 2006

Jet- Setting, Jackie O Style


Oh you crazy Masque-bloggers with your new and improved links. Always raising the bar.

I have been a very bad blogger, MIA since about March. I will be better! I will be better! I will be better!

The month of May was MADNESS! The hellish essay ordeal finally ended with the May 2nd deadline and a rousing pub crawl. We had a week long mediation school which was really interesting, and it was such a relief to be out of the library and back in the classroom. Then it was home for extensive dental work (booo) and Jared's law school graduation (yay).

A few days after I returned to the Emerald Isle with improved dental hygiene, my parents came to visit for a whirlwind tour of Ireland and Paris. It was a fabulous trip altogether. Highlights included: drinking Guinness with Bono, being a tour guide, meeting the son of one of my favorite Irish playwrights J.B. Keane, driving through the country side, traditional Irish music, and shopping in Dublin. Parisian highlights: best pastries, hot chocolate, and falafel in the world, the Louvre, walking from one corner of Paris to the other, the Musee d' Orsay, and one incredible piano bar. We had a blast!

Alas, it is time for me to buckle down with my dissertation research. Katie is coming to visit next week which means I will be spending the entirety of the weekend in the library to get a jump start on my work. Also on the agenda is some much needed catching up with the girls. The realization has sunk in the my days here in Ireland are numbered, so I am committed to relishing every moment in my favorite country with some of my favorite people.

But for now, its back to work...

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Erin Finukie, I made you President's Day because if you were to be President of the World for Life, I think we'd all be better off -nod-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home