Monday, July 17, 2006

I Hear You Call My Name and it Feels Like Home

Had a lovely talk with Jenny last night who must be losing her mind because she referred to Naval bootcamp as "freakin amazing." I have missed her and some of my very closest friends so much lately- I relished every moment of our conversation. I miss watching Sex and the City sprawled out on her big bed and our late night talks. Dance parties and spontaneous karaoke evenings. Singing "Take Me or Leave Me" on the sidewalk in Chinatown and listening to Bon Jovi on repeat. Sitting around with Jenny and Coll while we tell stories and take turns playing each other's conscience. Its a remarkable thing to have close people in your life that "get" you, with no elaborate explanation necessary. I love love loooove my girlfriends. It will be wonderful to be on the same continent.

Its a beautiful day in Dublin! So beautiful that it was absolutely criminal to be locked away in the dark reading room, surrounded by my books, piles of notes, and multi-colored post-its. So around lunchtime I made a break for it and had a smoothie and a salad in St. Stephens Green. (I may or may not have allowed time for a little sunbathing... a girls gotta get her vitamin D)! It was lovely... and then it was back to work.

I finally feel like I am starting to move this dissertation along. Really when I can keep the momentum going its brilliant because I am so passionate about what I'm writing- the words just flow freely. Its when I get distracted by the usual suspects (i.e. sunshine, NY Times, YouTube, and blogs) that I run into trouble... I am determined to have a fabulously productive week! We'll see where I stand by Friday.

Peace on earth and good marks on dissertations! X

1 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

we HAVE to have a marathon! those movies are all soooo good. my personal favorite is the most recent version, with winona, even though my favorite actress of all time is kate hepburn.

miss you and good luck with the dissertation. i'm starting work on my honors project on sept. 11 and psychological phenomenon. it should be as depressing as yours.

:) xxxooo megs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home