Friday, March 17, 2006

Longing for Brotherly Love

Its St. Patricks Day, I'm in Ireland, I have the flu, I have a toothache, and my laptop isn't working. While all my friends (and everyone in this bloody city) are out getting wizasted tonight and having a blast, I will be inside with Smelly Cat, stuffed up, head throbbing, and miserable.

Thats right- this entry is one big pity party. If you dont like it, kiss my arse.

It sucks being sick and away from home. You are never too old to be taken care of by your mom. I wish I was curled up on our soft couch at home, drfting in and out of conciousness with Ginger at my feet, watching DVDs while my mom periodically checked on me and brought me miso soup, tea, and medicine.

When I felt better, I'd spend some time in Center City. Its been one helluva week and I need me some Brotherly Love right now. I'd have veggie burgers at Monk's with their delish fries, chocolate covered creme brulee for dessert, and a nice tall cider. I'd spend the day at the Ritz, watching all the artsy fartsy movies my brain could handle. I'd go on one of "Our Dates" with Jared: Dinner at Friday Saturday Sunday, something organic and to-die-for, Chocolate Souffle at Roy's for dessert, dancing at the Four Seasons cause we're classy kids. I'd mosey down Boat House Row and saunter through the art museum, go to the Constitution Center with my Political Beau and meet my parents at Cuba Libre for mojhitos and salsa dancing cause they're wild like that. A Girls Night would be in order, as would some quality time at C-71, and a trip to a comedy club to see Animosity Pierre. A movie night with my sisters. I would gather all the loved ones I could rally and have a feast at Charles Plaza, then go to the Chinese bakery and indulge on Bubble Tea. I'd have drinks and tapas with Jared at that tiny bar near Rittenhouse (whose name I cant remember): fig and goat cheese bruschetta that makes your mouth water! Brunch at Sabrinas, a long walk around the city to recover.

Oh how I miss Philadelphia.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Philadelphia misses you too. We thought of you a lot on St. Patty's Day...this week coming up is the beginning of masque baby week, so i know you'll be in our thoughts (and baby books). :)

miss you and love you...megs.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Oh Meg stole what I was going to say. So I'll reiterate.

Philadelphia misses you, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home