Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

At about 4am this morning I was in a wet t-shirt and a puddle of my own sweat. No, I'm not talking about a wild night at Tikki Bob's. My fever finally broke, leaving me and my achy bones feeling like they'd just run a marathon. I stumbled into the bathroom and looked at my flushed face in the mirror; the Grim Reaper looked back. Happy Valentine's Day to me.

After crawling back into bed and sleeping till 11am, I woke up feeling refreshed. Nothing like blue skies and sunshine to make someone feel better. Ann and I had lunch at Queen of Tarts for Dublin's most amazing desserts. Victorian Sponge Cake for me and Apple Crumble for her... delish.

The rest of the afternoon was spent as Valentine's Day should be spent: guilt-free gorging on homemade double chocolate brownies in my leopard-print blanket. Mmmm. Did a good bit of reading for my intelligent design essay but have nothing to show for it, which is frustrating as hell. I am going to have a substantial portion of this thing done by this weekend if it bloody kills me.

So tonight, I have a date with Darwin. Brownies will be consumed until those suckers are gone. Hasn't been too shabby of a day here in Dublin, but I'm certainly wishing I was in Philadelphia with my Valentine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home