Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ode to the Reading Room

I am sitting here in the Postgraduate Reading Room on campus and I am bloody miserable.

Why the Reading Room, you ask? Thats right... its ESSAY TIME again and with Jared coming this weekend (whoo hooo) the panic has officially set in.

The work is coming along slowly but surely. On the bright side, I have been more productive in the last two days than I have been in about a month. Again, I'm pretty sure that can be attributed to the sheer panic that has kept me up every night for the past week.

Did I mention that I'm panicking?

The thingy-on-my-laptop-that-connects-my-ethernet-card-to-the-cable shat the bed last night... up and DIED on me... leaving my lap top without so much as an inkling of internet. Booo for my old ass computer. Lucky for me, my dear Daddy loves me and is out searching for one of these magic little gadgets to send along with Jared this weekend. Until then, however, I must subject myself to the confines of (dum dum dummmm)...the Reading Room.

I am in the "basement" of the building right now because its the only computer that was available when I arrived this evening after a long day of classes. (Apparently some of the piss-ants that go to Trinity thought tonight would be a good night to do some online gambling and hog all the computers... freakin NERDS... but I digress). The basement has puke green carpet, terrible lighting, and is damp and FREEZING... and I DO mean ARCTIC! Two grown men are at the other end of the room causing a ruckus, a blond chic is wrestling with the broken printer, and the guy next to me is breathing like Darth Vader. He not only sounds annoying, but he smells annoying... hello Reindeer Breath.

SIIIIIGH. Fabulous working conditions.

Someone is going to get a very angry email tomorrow morning. Until then, however, someone else is going to get a mint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home