Thursday, August 17, 2006

Things Worth Having Dont Come Easy

It has been a long and emotionally draining week, but I think life is on the upswing now, so if I can just avoid having an anxiety attack before I leave for London on Sunday, I think I'll be okay.
Last weekend we all said goodbye to Nugie, which was bloody awful. After a big night out at Cafe en Seine and 4 Dame Lane on Saturday, the night before she left we all had lovely dinner at Diep Noodle House accompanied by ginger and lemongrass martinis. As the seven of us sat around the table and toasted our dear friend at our version of the last supper, I realized that it was the last time we would all be together for a long time. A year? Maybe two? It was heartbreaking. Terribly heartbreaking. To have such dear friendships reduced to emails and phone calls... its not going to be easy.

I am doing my best to cling to all that there is to look forward to. Jared and I will have a few days together in New York when I first arrive to celebrate our (belated) two year anniversary which will be wonderful; catching up with friends and family will be great; and my sisters and I have some fabulous birthday celebrating to do. But before my big trip across the pond, I am committed to making the most of every moment here, in a city I have fallen completely in love with.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful post. beautiful picture. beautiful lady. beautiful waiting reunion.....love and miss you, baby melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home