Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Still Verdictless Life

Its been a big day, my friends, big day. First of all (cue trumpets) I am finished the rough draft of my Masters dissertation. And SWEET JESUS does it feel good. DAMN SPANKING GOOD. To celebrate, Ann and I booked flights for a mini-vacay. London and Budapest- SOOOO excited. Its going to be FABULOUS. Additionally, I purchased my plane ticket home (cue Aer Lingus raping me on excess baggage charges). It is official- I AM COMING HOME.

And holy-sticky-toffee-pudding, I am having an anxiety attack. Where has this summer gone?! Where has this YEAR gone?! Am I seriously almost finished my masters degree?!

As I continue to job hunt with a vengeance, I am sufficiently rattled. Every time I send out an application for a "dream job" (i.e. saving the world) in DC or NYC, I beg the almighty cosmic forces to make something happen. "Just get me an interview... please get me an interview." However most of the deadlines aren't even until mid-September, so I will more than likely spend the next few months in limbo. Poor and in limbo, my entire life up in the air. Some people call it exciting... I call it bad news bears.

Regardless of my poverty and the career path that has not yet been blazed, I am coming home and reunions are in order!!! Improv show Sept. 14th? AP show the 15th?! We could be WILD and do both?! Anywho- get your party hats on kids. I've spent the summer in the library and its time for some FUN!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Sara said...

You. Send me a postcard from London and Budapest. I kind of collect postcards. <3

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

See above. I collect as well. You don't have to send them though...if you could just bring them back. If you do want to send them, I'll give you my address. Also, congrats on your rough draft. I did the first interview for my project today and it was pretty shaky. eek. hooray for coming home!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home